Thursday, April 1, 2010

This was going to be called 'A death in the family' but now I'm not so sure

Well, I got out of bed this morning very excited to see what my little buns had done overnight. I was more than a little dismayed when I opened the fridge as they appeared to have shrunk a little. I thought the fridge prove had proved to be a little too much for them (see what I did there?)

I pressed on regardless, turned the oven on and left them on top of it to warm up a little bit. I came back a little later and they seemed to have a bit more life in them.

A Hot Cross Bun isn't a Hot Cross Bun sans a cross.

I popped them into the oven and almost immediately things began to smell good. Really good. Like Hot Cross Buns straight from the oven kind of good.

20 minutes later, much to my delight, I pulled what appeared to be normal looking Hot Cross Buns from the oven.

I've put the glaze on, which makes them look even prettier.

Still a little concerned about what may be going on inside them, but we'll soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment